Module 2: Ethical Frameworks, Moral Development and Reasoning and Decision Making
You are currently a participant in an on-line problem based learning course. As a Master Trainer, you will be required to effectively facilitate the learning process for students in a course titled Ethics and Integrity. To assist in accomplishing this, it is imperative you apply PBL and adult learning methodologies to the course of study as you convey the importance of ethics and integrity from a historical perspective, for it is the understanding of basic philosophies that today’s behaviors are shaped.
You will work with your group to fulfill the objectives of the module. You will also work outside your group to research and prepare your discussion questions as well as participate in discussion board postings.
ETH 101: Module 2
- Learning Objectives and the Identification of Gaps in Knowledge
- First Group Discussion
- From Teleological and Deontology and the Frameworks In-between
- First Research Questions
- Second Group Discussion
- Moral Development and Moral Reasoning
- The Effect of Moral Development on Policing and the Individual Officer
- Second Research Questions
- Third Group Discussion
- Learning Check